Front Page » Opinion » The Coming War and Its Aftermath
Text size:

The Coming War and Its Aftermath

man on a chair thinking

I’ve been thinking a great deal about the fight against SB 277 and mandatory vaccinations in California as well as the fabulous documentary, VAXXED: From Cover-Up to Catastrophe, detailing the corruption in the CDC’s vaccine program and the revelations of senior CDC scientist, Dr. William Thompson.

I find myself asking a simple question again and again: How do I become the most effective agent for change?

Recently I ran across a quote from one of my long-time idols, Nelson Mandela, and it spoke to what I’m feeling these days. Mandela wrote:

As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison.

After fifteen years of advocacy, one would expect that those I love so deeply would have at least understood my position, but it appears not to be the case. As I have attempted to gather an audience for a showing of the documentary film, VAXXED, I have been surprised by the response of two people from whom I had expected better.

Two people…

The first person is somebody I have known from the time I was sixteen years old, and I can still vividly recall the night we met at the Brothers Residence of our Catholic high school and I gave him a ride home. Even at the tender age of fifteen he was clearly a brilliant guy, and it was not surprising when he graduated first in his class from our high school, first in his class from UC Berkeley, and second in his graduate economics program from Stanford University. He is widely expected to win a Nobel Prize for economics at some point in the next ten years.

For decades we have had both an intellectual and personal friendship, and I can vividly recall as teenagers, sitting in the two chairs in the living room of his parents’ house discussing current events, philosophy, or which girls we wished would pay attention to us. I still remember him giving me what I consider to be one of the best compliments of my life:

Kent, I do not know a single person who has such a wide ranging and consistent curiosity as you do.

Then came me asking him to attend a screening of VAXXED, and his response was that he could not condone paying money to watch such a film or support it in any other way, and told me that if I wished to continue our friendship, we should not discuss the vaccine-autism question any more. To say I am stunned is an understatement. We freely discuss whether God exists, but apparently we cannot discuss whether the increase in vaccines is causing harm to children.

It is said that every writer has a secret audience to whom they are writing, the one person they hope will be delighted by what they have written, and for me I have always known it to be this friend. But now I know he will never read me again. It is a great disappointment to me.

The second person is a family member, an accountant, whose job used to be auditing companies. One would think that there is no person better to be skeptical about the claims of those in authority than somebody who was paid to find the truth. Although I have long known this person to be skeptical of the vaccine-autism issue, I thought a documentary about the confessions of a senior CDC scientist would surely be something that would pique his interest and possibly lead him to a broader perspective.

But again I was met with the same response. To even view such a movie would be to give credence to a dangerous set of beliefs. No matter that fifty thousand children a year are diagnosed with autism, more than a million suffer with the disease, and many will die this year when they wander from their caretakers and drown in a lake or river, or from exposure to the elements they do not understand.

Galileo is reported to have said that the worst part of his battle with the Catholic Church was when he begged the Cardinals who were sitting in judgment of him to look through his telescope so they would know he was telling the truth. They refused. How can you have a discussion with somebody when they won’t come to see a documentary, or even look through your telescope?

The simple answer is, you cannot. And so I am left with Mandela’s wisdom. Do I have anger and bitterness to me about the eighteen years I have been trapped in the prison of my daughter’s autism? Without a doubt.

But I believe that this era of injustice is coming to an end. The enemies of truth never fight so viciously as when they understand they are very close to losing. The legal fight over SB 277 looks very promising to me, and I am aware of how even in the midst of this scientific reign of terror, some very brave researchers are coming close to solving this problem and recovering our children. I do not believe we will be in our prisons very much longer.

Which begs the question, when we leave those prisons, who will we be when we once again walk free in the world? Are we angry or bitter about the wrongs which have been done to us? Do we turn away from those who have turned away from us?

I have often said I want to win this war, but I do not want to become the war.

Mandela’s words ring true to me. Even though I am still in this prison, I do not have any anger or bitterness towards those who will not discuss this issue with me. And because I do not have any anger or bitterness, I am free. They are the ones who are in prison.

Note: This article was reprinted with the author’s permission. It was originally published at The Bolen Report.

21 Responses to The Coming War and Its Aftermath

1. David Weiner Reply

August 2, 2016 at 8:34 am

This is an excellent reminder to not harbor anger or bitterness. If we should resent anyone, it should be the folks who are pulling the strings, not the folks who have fallen for their ploy.

It is an odd thing that so many bright and otherwise skeptical people think that in order to support science, they need to approve of certain technologies, such as vaccines or GMO’s. It does not make any sense, but they have somehow allowed themselves to be persuaded of this.

• chemfreemom Reply

August 5, 2016 at 11:45 am

It comes back to the media. People truly believe what they hear in the media, even if it’s contrary to what they see with their own eyes. It’s startling, and frightening, but I too believe we are at the top of the curve and will soon be heading down the other side. This is the year that the revolution for truth begins!

2. Robin Gaura Reply

August 5, 2016 at 11:13 am

Really beautiful sentiments expressed, from someone who has been under immense stress for many years. I would go even further though. Let´s drop the language of conflict and warfare and opposition. Lets adopt the position of an educator who knows that all suffering comes from ignorance. Lets educate, gracefully and lovingly, even wrathfully when necessary. I do think that as we leave behind our bitterness, hurt and anger, we become more effective agents of change. I think of my teachers Drs Seneff and Campbell-McBride, who can dispel the ignorance and blindness of some of the current opinion and practices that have governed medical (mal) practice for so long. They do so calmly, rationally, and convincingly due to their fierce commitment to truth and alleviating human suffering. I look forward to the author´s future article keeping us abreast of the legal situation.

3. Mara Rivera Reply

August 5, 2016 at 11:31 am

Good comment, but don’t forget. You don’t have to be “consumed by anger and bitterness”, but you don’t have to forget wrongdoing and lack of moral fiber. You don’t have to stop struggling against injustice, and you don’t have to self-censor the truth! Anger and bitterness are a minor problem compared to the unjustifiable harm which is being done. Stay strong, by being aware of the truth and knowing you have allies. Sometimes you may find yourself without allies, and have to stay strong anyway. And there are times to resist the “cult of Niceness”.

4. Laura Reply

August 5, 2016 at 11:33 am

Life is worth the fight.

5. Michael Reply

August 5, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Friend one fears for his Nobel Prize and demonstrates why that institution is no longer worthy of such high praise as it once was. “Science” at the highest levels is largely group think at this time.

6. Patricia P Tursi, Ph.D Reply

August 5, 2016 at 12:15 pm

The Book Dr. Mary’s Monkey is an interesting account of the physician Dr. Mary Sherman. It written by the son of a Tulane physician and professor who was friends with Dr. Sherman. Also in the book are Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby. Oswald worked in the lab. The book describes how they knew the virus was in the vaccine and they used it anyway (or worse). The murder? of Dr. Mary was never solved. Interesting reading for lay persons. Also adding to the intrigue is he secret development of a fast acting cancer of the lungs, which is what killed Jack Ruby. This was reportedly intended for Castro and Oswald was reportedly going to deliver it.

7. Cheryl Bray Reply

August 5, 2016 at 12:44 pm

Kent, I always enjoy your writing but this post really resonated with me. This post goes right to the crux of the issue. How do we get our really smart friends to even look at the data? How do we convey to them that vaccine damage is about our entire society falling off a cliff?

Most of the smart people we know either think they already know vaccines are mostly safe (though they’ve never studied them), or think that the topic of vaccine safety is not about them, that it is fringe.

They either think that those with vaccine injured kids are looking for someone to blame or that anti vaxxers are a bunch of right wing home schooling government conspirasts.

I don’t know what the right words are to encourage people to research vaccines, but I think this blog post is a very good start

8. Natalie Reply

August 5, 2016 at 1:29 pm

I am sorry that one of your idols, Mandela was an admitted communist (http://rhodesia.nl/goodcom.html) & even wrote about how to be a good communist…as THIS is exactly what forced vaccination IS. It is my prayer that the ‘SHEEPLE’ wake up and NOT give in to the ignorance threatening our future generations.

9. Velobwoy Reply

August 5, 2016 at 2:53 pm

My experience is that we are making a mistake – we think that what people want is the “truth”, aka the correct information. But what people really want, even these supposed scientists and academics, is the emotional security of being “right”, and of having the myths upon which they’ve based their lives upon supported. After all, it’s true what we are saying about vaccines,then what does that say about the institutions that support vaccines, and then what does that say about the institutions they’ve based their their livelihoods and self-esteem upon, and so-on… Something much bigger is being asked of them than just to accept the vaccine-autism connection.

• Velobwoy Reply

August 5, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Sorry – “IF it’s true…”

• David Weiner Reply

August 8, 2016 at 10:01 am

I agree with you 100%. It comes down to emotional issues. People feel pride in believing what the “experts” believe, and thereby thinking that they too are educated and scientific-minded.

People do not want to acknowledge that we have a predatory medical system and a tyrannical government. They do not want to admit that they have been duped into falling for a scam of horrific proportions.

And, in a sense, I can’t blame them, yet it has come to the point that life on earth depends on people waking up to reality.

10. Christine D Reply

August 5, 2016 at 4:45 pm

I think sometimes this is easier said than done. I used to get so upset by people’s ignorance and unwillingness to open up their minds to non-mainstream supporting evidence. In the last 7 years, I’ve come to know many truths that are generally scoffed at by the brainwashed, closed minded and ignorant. I would be so frustrated and in disbelief how people were quick to anger or they would nod their head as if they were listening, but I knew they were just pacifying me. I typically don’t function that way. If there is information that shows something is hurting me, my kids or society and it’s contrary to what I think is truth, I want to know what differing that is all about, know matter where my belief stands on the issue. One day, I came across a passage that said, people will listen when they are ready and to serve as a role model, just by living your life as you do. This sort of happened to me with the information of vaccines. When my kids were toddlers, a parent planted a seed about thimerosal/mercury being in vaccines. I did not research it, and really wish she would have said more because I was indoctrinated with vaccines are good. I finally dug in when I wanted to know more as it meant my children’s health. It took too long for me to be ready (kids are okay) but that’s part of the process of undoing indoctrinations. I think we all need to speak up as often and as cordially as we can for those of us who are willing to listen. Truth passes through 3 stages. First it is ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. third it is accepted as being self-evident, Arthur Schopenhauer). Obviously, we are in the violent stage. Let’s all pray we get to the 3rd stage, like yesterday.

11. Thomas ODonnell Reply

August 5, 2016 at 5:44 pm

That response is an indication of how powerful “belief systems”
    are. If a person “believes” something to be true or untrue it is extremely difficult to change their minds.

12. bilingualmom Reply

August 5, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Wow… 15 years of advocacy. I’m in awe. I have only been in these trenches for a year and a half (since SB 277 came on the scene), and it has been so difficult to keep going at times, yet I feel I have no other choice. This is my life now. You are not alone in this struggle, of course. So many of us are reaching out to friends and family members and getting the same type of responses. It IS hard not to get angry and bitter with these people sometimes, who don’t seem to care to take the time to look more closely at the issue because it doesn’t personally affect them.

But I have to remind myself that I was them once, too. That I had a family member whose child had a reaction to vaccines, and who started learning more about vaccines, and I didn’t want to hear it. It wasn’t until it happened to me too that I became ready to listen, and it still took time as I didn’t want to believe that the faith I had placed in my child’s doctor and in the medical profession had been misplaced. It hurts when you finally realize that you can’t trust medical professionals and our government to know/ tell the truth about vaccines and adverse reactions.

But every so often you finally get through to someone whom you thought was never going to see the light. I’m trying not to let the others get to me, and to continue working to change things for the better. I’ve come to rely on the Serenity Prayer a lot to get me through:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

• MichiganMom Reply

August 6, 2016 at 5:17 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that you had to go through that! and am continually praying for those of you who live in Calif. Please keep up the fight! Whatever happens there will happen to all of us.

Great article & well said. I recently “lost” a friend over this as well. In my fledgling vaccine research, I expressed my grave concerns to her. She said – It’s fine! She spaced out her toddlers vaccines but lost the fight when the child fell silent around age 3.

With no other possible cause (i.e. traumatic event; car accident; illness, etc.) we both know what happened.

I went into terrible grief & stayed away. When she sees me now, I think it reminds her.

Thanks to all of you who read and comment. It is encouraging to everyone that continues to try to spread the word – as best as they can.

13. Nancy Redman Reply

August 6, 2016 at 5:30 am

The Bible States in Matthew 10:26 “for there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known”. All lies, corruption, deception will be revealed from the highest institutions down to the individual. God is always good and He has been and will continue to clean us up before He returns for us. What He cannot do in mercy, He will do in judgement.

14. Nick Reply

August 7, 2016 at 8:34 am

I have been alerting people to the dangers of vaccines for a while now, but most will not even consider the possibility.
    I am 65, and I have a grandson who has difficulties, and it breaks my heart, not just to see him like this, but also the fact that his family suffers.
    As I said, I am 65. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, and went to schools with rather large populations. I hung out with a lot of people, rode the subways, and traveled a city with a population that has been over 7.5 million for decades. I can honestly say that I did not see anyone with the kind of issues I see today. Yes, there were some who were brain damaged, but they were born into this world with the problem. You didn’t see bright smiling children turn have they’d received a dose of vaccines.
    Keep up your fight to educate. I am doing so on other issues, but I can tell you that it is a daunting task. Those who should know better can’t move past the brainwashing they’ve received.

15. Vijay Gupta Reply

August 7, 2016 at 11:31 am

Once I was having a discussion with a friend about the problems with modern medicine such as overdiagnosis, overtreatment, overuse of vaccines and antibiotics, etc., and the possible benefits of alternative medicine in many cases. After many email exchanges, he finally said, “Vijay, here is my offer. Suppose I buy you a few hours of time on prime-time TV to make your case. You can say whatever you want and however you want to the millions of people who watch your program. How many American minds do you think you will be able to change at the end of your presentation.

The offer was tempting even though it was just hypothetical. But I didn’t take it. Instead I made him a counter-offer. I told him to imagine going back to the USSR of 1960s and 1970s when the communist ideology held sway over the Russian population. They had also been brainwashed about the evils of capitalism. I told my friend I would buy him a few hours of TV time in the Moscow of 1960s and he could say whatever he wanted. How many Russian minds did he think he would have changed.

He did not take my offer. He got the point.

It takes a long time to brainwash/indoctrinate people. But undoing the indoctrination also takes a long time.

• Jenny M. Reply

August 12, 2016 at 6:02 pm

You said it. Ironic, since Stalin was the king of propaganda over there.
      Maybe your friend should look into the Georgia Guidestones, or maybe Gary Allen’s book “The Rockefeller File”.

No one can change your mind except yourself. Some won’t change no matter what you say.

16. Jenny M. Reply

August 12, 2016 at 5:56 pm

To the author of this story, I’m sure you know, but it bears repeating. Intelligence and wisdom are two different things entirely. Even the ‘smart’ can fall for propaganda. And, as some wise French guy said- It is not necessary to know much about a subject in order to argue about it.

Most people are zombiefied into thinking they know what is going on. The guy obviously may be ‘brilliant’, but that doesn’t mean he knows what is really going on.

That is why propaganda is so devastating.