Front Page » Business » Pharma » Hepatitis B Vaccine Global Market to Grow Over Next Decade
Pharma
Text size:

Hepatitis B Vaccine Global Market to Grow Over Next Decade

market-growth

Hepatitis B is an infectious disease of the liver caused by the Hepatitis B virus (HBV). The symptoms of the disease do not develop until after a few weeks of exposure. Hepatitis B is usually transmitted from an infected person blood, semen and other body fluids.1 2

Hepatitis B is primarily an adult disease passed from person to person most frequently through infected blood, such as during blood transfusions if blood has not been properly screened for contamination. Hepatitis B is prevalent in high risk populations such as needle using drug addicts; sexually promiscuous heterosexual and homosexual adults; residents and staff of custodial institutions such as prisons; health care workers exposed to blood; persons who require repeated blood transfusions and babies born to infected mothers during a vaginal or c-section delivery.3

Currently, North America dominates the prophylactic (preventative) Hepatitis B vaccine market.1 Hepatitis B vaccines have been available since 1982. Over a billion doses have been distributed worldwide. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that every baby should be given the vaccine within 24 hours of birth, even though pregnant women can be screened for the virus prior to giving birth.2

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that all infants in newborn nurseries receive a dose of hepatitis B vaccine before hospital discharge.4 Almost every state has added hepatitis B vaccine mandates to school attendance laws, requiring three doses of the vaccine for daycare or kindergarten through 12th grade.5

The market for the Hepatitis B vaccine in Asia and Europe is forecasted to grow significantly in the following years. China and India are predicted to be the fastest growing markets in Asia since many large drug companies have invested in these countries. The reasons given for this expected growth include increasing prevalence of Hepatitis B, increasing number of births, increasing government funding, and improved health care facilities.1

According to a press release by Persistence Market Research (PMR), Some of the major players operating in the market for prophylactic hepatitis B virus vaccines are Merck & Co, Inc., Sanofi Pasteur, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., GlaxoSmithKline to name a few. Vaccine market is an oligopolistic market in which the major players such as GlaxoSmithKline, Merck & Co, Inc. and Sanofi Pasteur are using cost leadership and differentiating strategy. The strategy of the major companies in the global prophylactic hepatitis B virus vaccines market is to cut down the prices owing to the increased demand.”2

References:

1 Donimirska M. Market Study on Expected Growth for Hepatitis B Vaccines Market. Sat Press Releases Dec. 30, 2016.
2 Persistence Market Research Pvt. Ltd.  Future of Global Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines Market: 2016–2024. MedGadget.com Dec. 30, 2016.
3 Fisher BL. Hepatitis B Vaccine: The Untold StoryThe Vaccine Reaction September 1998.
4 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Hepatitis B: Perinatal Transmission. CDC.gov Oct. 4, 2016.
5 Immunization Action Coalition. Hepatitis B Vaccine Mandates for Day-Care and K-12. Mar. 9, 2016.

16 Responses to Hepatitis B Vaccine Global Market to Grow Over Next Decade

1. recheal Reply

March 26, 2017 at 11:59 pm

I’m recheal from Switzerland, I was diagnosed of Hep B in 2009, and my Liver was bad. I saw a post about Dr. Ajayi Herbs that cures HIV, HEPATITIS B, DIABETES, CANCER, HERPES, and lots more…. I contacted him and told him about my health, he asked me not to worry anymore that he’s going to prepare the medicine and send it to me in my country. 3 days after sending the medicine I received the package and I took the medicine as prescribed by him and I was cured from Hepatitis B Virus. I took the medicine for 14 days,and the medicine has no Negative Influence, it only helped me get cured you can as well what_sapp him on +2349054914348,or through his website (drajayiherbalhome.wixsite.com/mysite)or contact him via his email address drajayiherbalhome@gmail.com………Ajayiherbalhome@hotmail.com………….

2. judith Reply

February 7, 2017 at 7:44 pm

My names are JUDITH WILLIAMS,I am here to tell you all about Perfect health herbal medicine , I was diagnosed with Hepatitis b 2010, I have tried different methods of treatment to get rid of this diseases but i could not, few months ago a friend told me about Perfect Health Herbal Medicine, that they cured Him totally from hepatitis b, when i heard about their good works from my friend i requested for the contact information, after some days passed as i was always praying to God for mercy, i said to myself that God could use perfect health to cure me totally after giving myself this thought i immediately contacted perfect health via their email;perfecthealthherbalmedicine AT gmail com .and i told them my health condition, they responded to me and told me not to worry,they said i should just purchase the herbal medicine and they will send it to me,so i provided them with my home address,after some days of deal with perfect health i received a package from the courier service, while i was with this medicine i told perfect health that i have received the herbal medicine, they gave me guidance on how to take the medicine, Today i can proudly share with viewers that am totally and permanently cured from Hepatitis b,is been 3 Months and i have not experience the symptoms again, God has used perfect health to do some great and Big Work in my life, I am a living testimony of perfect health Root and Herbs Medicine..

3. William Reply

January 19, 2017 at 5:11 pm

Donald Trump has appointed Robert Kennedy jr. As vaccine safety advocate.If you know anything about Bobby He will scare the pants off Merck and other vaccine promoters and now maybe We will see a change in the insanity of forcing vaccines on everyone which is destroying our children.

4. jay Reply

January 19, 2017 at 10:31 am

Hep B, C, et. al. are a lie much like HIV. It is tested for in the same way as HIV through an antibody test which never directly isolates the “virus”. It is convenient for the prostitutes of science (whose paymasters are big pharma)to blame an absent RNA virus for the inflammation in the risk groups I.e drug use, alcoholism and in doing so distract the public from other causes as well that include toxins and carcinogens in our food, air, water and ground. The lie is in isolation. PCR is not accurate and only detects fragments of possible viruses but more likely cellular debris. If these charlatans used Kochs Postulates to verify 1/2 of our “diseases” would have to be dismissed as pure pharma hype.
    Duesbergs books, Inventing the Aids Virus” and “Infectious AIDS, Have We Been Misled are a good start for anyone interested in how we got to this point.

5. Gregory Graham Reply

January 18, 2017 at 6:38 pm

As a 5 yo child I got hepatitis B at a hospital after hernia surgery. I did not find out I was “immune to hepatitis B” until I was 65. I remember being very sick and an aunt who died from high blood pressure had said I was jaundice.They recommended I get vaccinated for other hepatitis. I told them they were very stupid and I wasn’t.

6. Ma bear Reply

January 18, 2017 at 3:00 pm

Yup David.
    I agree.
    Let’s see more about how to work against it.
    Risks of vaccinations + why people are at risk in the first place.
    If we quit vaccinating every kid against hep B, HPV &stop putting them all on birth control and start teaching abstinence until marriage again I think we would have less problems. Spend the time in health class teaching about why you should not be shooting up etc. Make them informed even if they choose to get the vaccine. If you worked somewhere with exposure to blood them you could calculate your risks.

7. Lucia Reply

January 18, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Where you focus your attention is what you are going to see…the more we focus on the negative outcome of what we call reality, the more we will see of the same, so, go outside, start interviewing people and asking if they know about the vaccines revealed documentary , or about the movie Vaxxed, Trace Amounts, Vaccine Syndrome….start focusing on the amount of people that is waking up. Keep your attention on that people and spread the word based on that and we will change this reality…

8. Colorado Reply

January 18, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Per independent commission: An important read for supporters of informed consent, w/ David Knight from Infowars. / http://www.infowars.com/trump-taps-robert-f-kennedy-jr-to-head-new-commission-on-vaccine-safety-and-scientific-integrity/

9. Colorado Reply

January 18, 2017 at 2:08 pm

Those are inspirational considerations Dave. We put too much faith in single individuals though. The vaccine ramp up is clearly a result of the conflict of interest with for profit vaccinations coupled with the industries ability to bypass informed consent and general liberty with vaccine mandate legislation. aka pay to play. The power of the purse remains as the most influential tool in many industries. With ethics and considerations of inalienable rights all but absent in vaccination policy setting, it is up to us to utilize the power of the purse. “There is no greater objection than absence.” “When tyranny becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” People whom promote mandatory vaccination schemes are clearly set against free markets and liberty and justice for all. Would NVIC please assemble a public shaming list of all politicians whom vote in favor of mandatory vaccine policy setting? Although I am a conservative myself, I am very fearful for the future of my liberties since the recent trends have shown that vaccination mandates have become a partisan issue which conservatives are more likely to vote in favor of. Here is a great article about this issue: http://www.westonaprice.org/action-alerts/2017-action-alerts/president-elect-donald-trump-needs-support-regarding-new-vaccine-commission/#comment-565657

10. owldog Reply

January 18, 2017 at 10:21 am

I know of two deaths after this vaccine. One was a neighbor who got accused of shaking baby syndrome when the newborn died the next day. The hospital in Wyoming, let the body rot during the “investigation” so they would not be able to do a valid autopsy. The other baby was in the news from Newark, NJ. In both cases blood vessels in the brain exploded.

Also, my first child, an early baby only 5 pounds/ 4 ounces, got liver-producing bilirubin (jaundice build up, right after the shot) and had wear an ultra-violet jacket for a few days to clear it up. We never suspected the hepatitis shot, and the doctor called it “very common” but did not give a reason for it.

11. David Weiner Reply

January 17, 2017 at 11:38 am

Why do we need to see this steady stream of articles saying that the vaccine market is expected to grow over the next several years?

That is the industry’s opinion. In my opinion, we are going to see a reversal, now that more people are catching on that the government vaccine program is a scam and Trump is setting up a vaccine commission.

Let us not give in to industry’s optimistic outlook.

• Pam Haskell Reply

January 18, 2017 at 10:18 am

I couldn’t agree with you more. Where did you hear Trump is setting up a vaccination commission?

• jay Reply

January 19, 2017 at 10:38 am

There are more than 200 vaccines in the pipeline waiting for approval or to start trials. Trump is a virulent capitalist with friendly relations to investors. Trump will capitulate. We must keep pushing back on these powerful forces.

• owldog Reply

January 18, 2017 at 10:28 am

I think people are catching on, that both parties have prostituted themselves with a race-to-the-bottom of kissing up to big business bucks.

This has been going on for decades, getting worse all the time. People realize that drug companies are sucking up all the medical dollars from doctors, nurses, and patients, and that national debt was caused by war and tax cuts.

Since WWII the CIA has spent much more time and energy secretly promoting American corporate interests, than doing the work of keeping the country safe.

The CIA (and FBI to a lesser extent)has spent most of their time and money, since the 1950s, staging coups and assassinating elected leaders and replacing them with dictators of U.S. choice.

• Jeanne Reply

January 18, 2017 at 10:32 am

100% agree, I don’t have Hep B to give my baby that shot. That’s crazy. Now they added hep A. Every little germ seems they have a vaccine for. Hope Trump puts a stop to this!!!!

• John B Reply

January 19, 2017 at 9:25 am

David, we need to hear this because Congressis in bed with BigPharma and this is a little snapshot of what is to come through mandates. Read through the lines.